Malavika Chatterjee is a licensed mental health counselor specializing in trauma, anxiety, and depressive disorders. She works with young adults, caregivers, and the geriatric population.
Malavika has over a decade of clinical experience conducting both individual and group therapies. She earned her Master’s degree in Counselling and Psychotherapy from Kuvempu University – Shivamogga – India and has expertise in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), Rogerian, and Positive Psychology.
Malavika focuses on making a progressive, positive difference in the lives of her clients by offering abilities to connect with and overcome life challenges. She is whole-hearted in utilizing evidence-based, holistic, and insight-oriented approaches to help nurture one’s strengths for awareness and greater well-being.
Malavika is committed to providing her clients with a supportive and understanding environment where they can rely on her services in a safe and non-judgmental space. She believes that everyone has the wisdom to acknowledge and cope with challenging life experiences and is committed to providing a therapeutic environment to help them rediscover and nurture their true selves.
Know more about Malavika
Malavika has experience addressing a variety of clinical concerns and welcomes clients of all cultures, ethnicities, religions, gender identities, and sexual orientations. She sees Adults, the Geriatric population, and Caregivers. for various matters including traumatic life events, life transitions, challenging family dynamics, relationship problems, and issues regarding mood or anxiety and adjustment.
- Geriatric Mental Health Issues (Acceptance, Isolation, Anxiety, Sleep, Motivation, Empty Nest)
- Relationship Issues
- Trauma/ Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Life Transition
- Life Coaching
- Practicing Counselor/ psychotherapist since 2012.
- Clinician at McLean Hospital, Belmont Massachusetts – USA
- Visiting faculty at the Banjara Academy – Bangalore, India. (Member of the World Federation for Mental Health)
- 16 years in corporate banking, working in leading Fortune-500 companies in India, NYC, and London.
- Convener of an annual course on Geriatric counseling at Banjara Academy Bangalore, India. (Member of the World Federation for Mental Health)
- Consultant in Geriatric Welfare organizations, in India.
- Consultant in Academic Institutions, in India.
Positive Psychology – Harvard Extension School, USA
Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) – Foundational Training with Behavioral Tech, LLC
Diploma In Counseling skill – Banjara Academy India
Certificate in Geriatric Counseling – Banjara Academy India
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – Pledge Academy India
Behavioural Health in Aging Certificate Program – Boston University, USA
Make an appointment
Telephone: +1 (857) 334-3036
Address: 115 Mill Street, Belmont, MA 02478